I’m a self taught artist based in the Kiewa Valley, Victoria, Australia.
I create detailed and delicate feminine portraits which are often accompanied by elements of nature and nostalgia, reflecting my affection for the natural environment and love of finding the beauty and sentiment in old objects that were once special to someone.
Art is my therapy. The creative process and practice provides a place to explore and process my emotions and thoughts that arise from past and present experiences, time spent observing and questioning the world around me and desire to better it in some way. I choose to draw females because I experience life as one and can therefore connect intimately to my work. Their physical beauty symbolises the beauty and depth of emotions the human soul is capable of.
After seven years working as a graphic designer and drawing part time, in 2012 I made the move to full time art making and am hoping 2013 will continue along the same path. My work is mostly coloured pencils complimented by mixed mediums such as pastels and paint washes.
- 2012, Winner, Australian Art Collector Page Feature through Art Fido, AU.
- 2011, Element Eden Advocate, AU.
- 2011, Winner, Holden Barina Spark, Holden Designer Spark competition, AU.
- 2010, Finalist, Quantm DesktopCreateAwards, Illustration & Type category, AU.
- 2008, Winner, General Pants Co ‘The Bubble’, Illustration category, AU.
- 2013, Speaker, Analogue Digital, Brisbane, AU.
- 2012, Speaker, Semi Permanent, Brisbane, AU.
- 2012, Speaker, Semi Permanent, Auckland, NZ.
- 2012, Speaker, Semi Permanent, Sydney, AU.
- 2012, Presentation and Q&A, CATC Design School, Gold Coast, AU.
- 2012, Illustration demonstration, Google+ Live Stream Hang Out, worldwide.
- 2007, Guest artist opening speech, Exit 09 Tafe Graduating Exhibition for Graphic Art, Fine Art and Jewelry Design, Wangaratta Art Gallery, AU.
- 2013, September, Thinkspace, Culver City, US.
- 2012, Muliebrity, Just Another Project Space, Melbourne, AU.
- 2013, Young Adult, Gallery 1988, Los Angeles, US.
- 2012, Animal in Me – PRISMA Artist Collective, Subtext Gallery, San Diego, US.
- 2012, Allstars, Espionage Gallery, Adelaide, AU.
- 2012, Milk – PRISMA Artist Collective, Fine Grime Gallery, Banes, UK.
- 2012, The Moleskine Project 2, Spoke Art, San Francisco, US.
- 2012, Bad Dads, Spoke Art, San Francisco, US.
- 2012, Works on Paper, Just Another Project Space, Melbourne, AU.
- 2012, Summer Groups Show, Spoke Art, San Francisco, US.
- 2012, Versus, Maitland Regional Art Gallery, Maitland, AU.
- 2012, I Want To Be First, Kat Von D’s Wonderland Gallery, West Hollywood, US.
- 2011, Board, NGV Studio, Melbourne, AU.
- 2011, Bad Dads, Spoke Art, San Francisco, US.
- 2011, etcc, 1000 Pound Bend, Melbourne, AU.
- 2011, JAA Group Show, 1000 Pound Bend, Melbourne, AU.
- 2011, Twitching, 1000 Pound Bend, Melbourne, AU.
- 2011, Bec Winnel/Cherri Wood/Jonas Lofgren, Rivet, Columbus, US.
- 2011, Look See, Watt Space Gallery, Newcastle, AU.
- 2011, Eclectica, The National Gallery, Sydney, AU.
- 2012 – Nothing to Nobody Issue 10 / Empty Magazine
- 2011 – Leivos / Semipermanent Book / Shillington Design Blog / Paper Runway Magazine / Juxtapoz Magazine (website) / Looks Like Good Design / Yen Magazine #49 / Grae Magazine
- 2010 – Curvy Book 7 / Fashion Journal #98 / Artist a Day / Lost at E Minor / Melbourne Fashion Directory / N.E.E.T
- 2009 – Wooden Toy Chicas Edition / RUSSH Magazine / The Grafik Museum / MX / Semipermanent Book / Curvy Book 6
- 2008 – Blanket Magazine #13 / Yen Magazine / Curvy Book 5 / RUSSH Magazine / Cleo Magazine / Semipermanent Book / Wooden Toy Quarterly Online / Oh Really Zine / Sunday Arts Television Program, ABC / The Age / Decor8 Website
- 2007 – VRaw Website